Monday, March 29, 2010

Girls were made for dresses, not regrets.

However, I may have one regret.

My father always asked me when he wanted to know some meaningless fact or piece of information, such as who sang a certain song or who was in a movie. Usually I knew the answer, but one evening when I was trying to get some work done, I suggested he Googled it to find the answer. I explained to him that Google has every piece of information he could ever ask for and it is always growing with information. He thought it was a great idea and proceeded to Google what information it was he wanted. I thought I would get him off my back in terms of all the new information since he had Google to tell him. However, while I was (what I thought was) peacefully working away, my father discovered that once he found out whatever it was he wanted to know, there seemed to be more information in regards to what he wanted, then even more information in regards to that. My father thought it would be a great idea to share all this new information with me. So I thought stopping the few questions would grant me some peace, however, it only led to a lot more talking.

Really, I don't regret that my father has finally discovered he can find out all this stuff, it's good to have access to information. I just wish he wouldn't share it all with me when I really don't give a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment