Friday, February 12, 2010

Girls were made for dresses, not for getting sick.

OVER, OVER, OVER, OVER, OVER!!

I can easily say that this has been one of the worst weeks of my life. I have never been more relieved for a week to be over. I had done the mocks before, hey I had even done the Leaving Cert before, but it wasn't just the exams that made the week so terrible. It was the horrible sicknesses I suffered from all week. I say sicknesses because I felt like I was suffering from everything!! I had the symptoms from the flu, symptoms from a stomach bug, symptoms of dehydration(if you don't know the symptoms, you don't really want to know), toothaches, mouth ulcers and on top of it all, fatigue because the pains were keeping me up late and the exams were getting me up early. Oh! Those exams... There are many of them I don't even remember what I wrote in them, I just spent the whole exam thinking about leaving. I nearly left maths paper 2 after only 2 questions. By the time I got to the last few questions I wasn't able to think about it. Vectors, usually my best question, makes no sense, I even used theorems that are only used in paper 1. Oh dear. I decided though that I do not care, I was sick, I had valid reason to do terribly. So, the results I will get in a few weeks will be justified, right??... I just have to make sure I'm not sick for the actual exams in June!!

I must apologise before I go any further. I set up this blog last Christmas with the intention of at least one blog a week. However, since returning to school I have totally neglected it. I'm very disappointed in myself. :(

Another thing I decided, but more recently, is that I will go to this year's debs. I thought last September if I go to the debs this year I will just wear my dress again. Although it is such a stunning dress, I am going to wear a different one this year. However, I'm not going to go out and spend lots of money on a dress this year(but in fairness, last year I only spent €90 on my dress last year). In fact I already have the dress for this year. It's a very pretty purple dress, about the same length as last year's dress and the best thing of all, only €17!! I bought on sale in Galway. I have worn it out but that was only once, so I'm not going to wear it again until July. I have already planned how I'm going to do my hair as well. I will have it cut short, a little shorter than it is now, and I will have curls in it. Since my hair will be short, the curls will be very short. Hmmm, I wonder if I will end up going like that, because last year I looked nothing like how I planned originally. Time will tell as one would say.

This is the dress I have for the Debs(sorry about the terrible quality)



I already have a date for this year's debs as well. She comes in the form of lovely Hazel. I inquired what she would be wearing(as she will be my date, I must make sure we will not clash). She told me she will wear her dress from last year. Anybody reading this who did not see Hazel's dress last year missed out on seeing an absolutely stunning dress. I loved my own dress of course, but I thought Hazel's was fabulous as well!! I am very glad she will be wearing that dress as my date.

However, now, since it is Friday, I must finish up and get ready to go out. It has been a few weeks since I last met the town on a Friday night, oh how it misses me so. I do promise to return here soon though.

Tata, just for now.

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    It's really good that you are coming to the Debs. :)
    OMG Hazel's coming, too?? Cool!
    It's going to be so much fun.
    And also TGIF! Mocks OVER! :D
    Feel better soon, great blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete