Sunday, February 21, 2010

Girls were made for dresses, but what about their teeth??

Most teenagers are aware of the health risks associated with alcohol. They are aware of the problems to the liver and the general stupidity that comes with being drunk. However, how many people consider the danger to their teeth?? On a recent visit to the dentist, she told me I drink too many fizzy drinks, that I need to lay off a little. I said ok, but thinking I don't drink that many fizzy drinks. Later I realised that when I'm drinking I would drink a hell of a lot of Coke, or else some other fizzy drink. While I pay attention to the amount of alcohol I drink(well I usually do), I never take any notice of the amount of mixer. I could easily drink a full 2 litre bottle of Coke on a night out. That means I seem to be drinking between 2 and 4 litres of Coke each weekend, as well as some other fizzy drinks. Even if there is some left over in the morning it works great as a hangover cure. I really need to reconsider the amount of mixer I use in the future. Maybe water would make a nice mixer, or how about just straight alcohol from here on in. I'll have to look into the sugar level in beer. My Teeth are bad enough as it is.

Here's Megan providing you with another bad thing about the fun things we do. I hope this cheers you up if you're feeling down.

And on another note, I have a friend who suffered from the dangers of alcohol in relation to teeth, simply because she lost half her tooth while drunk. It's just another thing to consider people for the next time you're drinking, make sure you don't hit your teeth if you fall.

4 comments:

  1. *suffered, sorry forgot to reread this before I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have you know that I am very careful with my mixer.
    I know use one can of Club Orange to one shoulder of vodka.

    Now who's super healthy? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god but my spelling has gone to shit..... I mean I *now* use one can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very thoughtful of you Stefanie.

    ReplyDelete